DevWin – which stands for “Development with Integrity” – is an IACRC initiative to help international NGO’s better navigate fraud and corruption risks and comply with their funder’s compliance and reporting requirements.
DevWin experts, experienced in NGO anti-fraud efforts, will offer practical training on, among other topics:
- How to detect and prevent the most common and costly fraud and corruption schemes faced by international aid organizations, including:
- the offer of kickbacks and bribe and conflicts of interest
- bid rigging and the delivery of substandard goods and services by suppliers
- embezzlements and other misconduct by NGO staff, their local partners and suppliers.
- How to evaluate and respond to allegations or suspicions of fraud or corruption, including:
- what to do and what not to do if fraud is alleged
- when and how to conduct an internal review or investigation
- how to assemble an internal fraud investigation team
- when to outsource an investigation
- when and how to report possible fraud to funders
- How to identify fraud risks in standard audits and how to conduct special fraud audits.
In addition to training, DevWin can provide highly qualified and experienced consultants to provide the following services at cost-effective rates:
- Outsourced investigations when required for serious allegations of fraud and corruption and sexual harassment cases
- Fraud risk assessments of the adequacy of compliance programs and procurement systems (where most serious fraud risks occurs); an important step to reduce fraud risks and to build trust with funders
- Fraud audits, if fraud is suspected or alleged, but not substantiated.
All DevWin consultants have worked in the international aid and development community, and include experienced fraud investigators, Inspector General personnel, forensic auditors and fraud prevention specialists.
See more information about the DevWin partners at Development Fraud Investigations (DFI), https://www.linkedin.com/company/dfi-development-fraud-investigations and https://www.dfi4inv.com.
DFI’s Fraud Reporting Playbook provides guidance on how to evaluate complaints or suspicions of possible fraud and how to meet donor’s reporting requirements.
For more information about DevWin contact Thomas C. Green email@example.com